As the year wraps up, successful executives are thinking about how to not only finish up the year on a strong foot but also, how to kick off the New Year with rapid progress.
So it makes sense to take a step back and think about a few year-end planning items:
1. Tax planning – have you thought about whether there is anything you can do proactively for this year or next year?
2. Projects – which projects will have the largest impact to your success? Is there anything you can do to accelerate progress? Divert resources to focus on them? What roadblocks do you expect and what can you do to minimize the likelihood of occurrence?
3. Holiday preparation – anything you can do to ensure the business will run smoothly during the holidays? Have you recognized your key relationships? Employees? Supply chain partners?
4. Thank you – what better time to take a step back and remember to say thank you. A simple, heartfelt thank you goes much further than you’d expect.
5. Season of giving – instead of thinking about what you’ll receive or your wish list, spend that time thinking of how you can make a difference for your employees, peers, managers, families, friends etc.