Another way to succeed in today’s new normal is with innovation and leveraging already-existing assets. As I thought about leveraging ERP systems for a speech I gave earlier this month, I thought a few tips and questions to ponder might be of value:
1. Improve service: how can you utilize your system to provide exceptional customer service?
2. Reduce lead time: can you surpass your competition by delivering 10% quicker by leveraging functionality?
3. Efficiency: Take a fresh look at everything you do on a daily basis. Look for ways to automate.
4. Accuracy: focus on data integrity and your accuracy will improve. It can lead to improved profitability, cash flow projections and service.
5. Customer partnerships: how can you leverage your system to support customer collaboration? How about product development? Freight partnerships? Customer programs such as VMI?