Improving Cash Flow by Increasing Inventory Turns on Core Product Line
A leader in aerospace metals distribution sought to reduce inventory levels to free up cash flow and reduce debt levels.
What We Did
Worked with leadership to identify and evaluate the inventory management personnel, processes and systems and then developed and implemented action plans to impact results.
- Elevated the focus of inventory management throughout the organization
- Placed the right people in the right roles to balance competing needs to optimize inventory levels
- Developed a Sales & Operations planning process to direct & facilitate the process
- Implemented a daily process discipline and focus on execution of inventory management fundamentals, tracked through a metrics scorecard
- Achieved almost double the inventory turns on the core product line while maintaining high fill rates and on-time deliveries
- Reduced inventory obsolescence