What could be more important in today’s new normal business environment of lackluster sales, strained liquidity and elevated customer service expectations than business development. Here are a few tips:
- Pick up the phone – as Sandi Brooks, a successful real estate broker even in today’s weak market says, there is no substitute for picking up the phone.
- Provide value – no successful business development people “sell” in the traditional sense of the word anymore. Instead, it is all about providing value – what unique, high value do you offer?
- Referrals – no matter your business, referrals are bound to be one of the best sources of new business. Be referable. And refer other quality people.
- Service – the best business development people stand out in the crowd with exceptional service – be memorable. Remember, people buy from those they like and trust.
- Marketing – focus on marketing. Isn’t it better to create marketing gravity so that customers come to you?