As summer is upon us, I thought it appropriate to take a step back and think about a few tips for the season:
- Rejuvenation – no matter how busy, it is vital to plan time for rejuvenation. No one can go 24/7 – you’ll be more productive after a bit of rest and rejuvenation.
- Creative vacations – even if you cannot get away or take time off, find creative ways to take a mini-vacation or stay-vacation. Have you spent an entire weekend reading in bed? Do something to get you out of your routine.
- Appreciate family & friends – especially in times of volatility, there is nothing more important than your support system. Appreciate and value them.
- Provide value – instead of thinking about what you’ll receive, start each day with how you can help someone else. Smile and be pleasant to an overwhelmed service employee. What can you do to help?
- Take a walk outside – exercise can achieve wonders, and what better time to try a brief walk than during the summer (except perhaps in Arizona; however, a midnight walk might be an option).