Cyber security has taken over the news and trade magazines lately as risk levels are elevated and cyber security is a real threat. Are you developing strategies to address cyber security concerns? It is no laughing matter as you listen to what could happen….
Tonight, we attended a ProVisors (group of trusted advisers) cocktail reception. In two hours, we ran into multiple people who talked about the relevance and risk associated with cyber security. If you aren’t thinking about these questions, you should sit up and pay attention:
- Does your company have the appropriate security and protocols in place to fend off hackers? If each of us thinks we aren’t important enough for a hacker, someone will be surprised.
- Have you thought about your supply chain partners and cyber security? It can be a vast topic. Although the risk might be low, the impact can be high. Just ask folks like Target and Home Depot.
- Have you thought about cyber security and your manufacturing machines like CNC machines and manufacturing execution systems? Suddenly the topic got a lot bigger!
- How about the internet of things? Have you thought about how to prevent cyber security threats from non-work devices that can connect with work-related devices?
- Do you have cyber security insurance?