Skip to content
- Don’t over-plan – even if you don’t take off time, it is not practical to think that all of your business colleagues will be working throughout the season. Plan what’s reasonable and then prioritize so that you focus on what’s most essential.
- Appreciate – take the time out of your busy day to appreciate your employees, your peers, your manager and your family and friends. A simple thank you or card can make a significant difference.
- Take time for yourself – even if you cannot take time out to spend with family and friends, you can take a few minutes to reflect, volunteer, enjoy a lunch with a friend etc. Eliminate your excuses and just do it.
- Be the calm & positive one – there is a lot of stress around the holidays. Even if your annoying black sheep relative tries to annoy you, remain calm and take the high road. Not only will you likely feel better but it can work miracles from time to time.
- Enjoy – it is easy to get wrapped up in all the activities and miss the entire holiday season. Make an effort to enjoy it.