I find that the difference between success and failure is often dictated by the “little things” – yet it’s never as easy as it seems.
- It’s all about the people – a common theme in my newsletter as people drive the 80/20 of success on any project, no matter how technical a topic.
- Priorities – This topic has arisen more frequently than any other since the new normal started. There is too much to do every day. Do you work on what’s easy or what will ensure success?
- Ask questions – Even when I think I know exactly what to do or what’s going on, I often find out I was wrong. Those who learn to ask good questions will succeed far more frequently than the rest.
- Be organized – I find that you don’t have to be a neat freak yet it is important that you’re organized. Do you know how to find what you need when you need it? Talk about an advantage!
- Focus – The 80/20 of success lies in execution. Do you enjoy figuring out what to do but never get it done? You’re not alone. Instead, focus on just what needs to be done to accomplish your priorities.