During this crisis, what we do and how we handle our employees will make our future success. I’ve heard stories of small businesses that closed and didn’t even communicate to their employees. Conversely, I’ve heard about companies taking great care of their employees.
Which will turn into long-term success?
- Who Should We Retain? If there ever was a time to make sure you keep your best and most valuable employees, it is NOW. Make sure you find a way to take care of your “A” critical players.
- How Do We Handle the Shutdown? -There are lots of resources on our coronavirus webpage and upcoming webinars on how to handle the organizational development, as well as the HR and compliance aspects of a shutdown. Stay up to date.
- How Do We Maintain Safety for Those Working? Of course, we have all heard about social distancing but how do we implement these changes in our facilities? We should be thinking and implementing whether we are running or shutdown because this pandemic is not going to be over quickly. What else should we do to ensure safety? Again, refer to our coronavirus resources webpage for ideas.
- How Do We Ensure the IT capabilities and security required? Hopefully you have already had a top-notch partner to assist. If not, contact one rapidly. Check out our trusted advisor resources for suggestions. There is much to think about to ensure your employees are able to work, are able to work securely and can still collaborate successfully. Also, there is a webinar in the Thriving Through Ambiguity webinar series on just this topic.
- How to Go Beyond the Basics? Again, these types of articles and resources are on our coronavirus blog articles and trusted advisor resources webpage. We MUST get beyond the basics to how we successfully navigate this pandemic and emerge rapidly to success. This will be the focus of our upcoming e-book as well.