As we head into a New Year, it makes sense to take stock and think about your supply chain shortlist. To get you started, we’ve developed a list of questions to ponder:
- Do you consider your supply chain from the holistic point-of-view? From cradle to grave or product inception to customer reception? If not, you are selling your business short!
- If you were to draw your supply chain for a new hire, would you start with your customer, your supplier or somewhere in the middle? Why? Do you inherently see that as your priority?
- Have you thought about the power of high-tech AND high-touch in your supply chain? Unless you are considering progressive technologies to deliver superior products and services at higher levels of profit, you’re sure to be left in the dust! On the other hand, if you aren’t collaborating with your supply chain partners, you won’t even be in the game to start.
- Have you considered the power of alignment (of demand and supply AND all your departments) while simultaneously considering the power of deliberate debate and misalignment? Find a way to constructively achieve both to maximize business value.
- Have you considered why Southern California is the new center of manufacturing excellence for supply chains across the globe? Stay tuned for my new book, The Coming Power of Manufacturing to hear more about it.